How to Speak at a LIFT Event
Members of the Sunshine Coast Community are invited to apply to be a presenter at any of the LIFT Inspirational and Educational Speaker Series events.
The following are the guidelines for speakers at the free event.
- Your speech is inspirational and educational in nature and within that parameter, you can talk about your work, your hobbies, your passions, your stories.
- Each meeting has a theme. Some past themes have been Closing the Gap, Living in Harmony, and The Best is Yet to Come. Your speech doesn’t have to be on the theme topic directly but should link to it in some way.
- The usual format for each event is three speakers, two for 8-10 minutes and one for 20-25 minutes. Occasionally there may be a slight variation.
- Each speaker is requested to send a title and a 4-5 sentence introduction to the host about three days ahead. The intro is not really biographical, more like a hook to intrigue people about your topic and make them want to listen. You can find tips for writing your intro here.
- If you are a speaker at any of the events, please mention it to friends or on Social Media platforms. The event coordinators post the event on Facebook in several community information groups, and in local offline media.
- The room at the library will be set up ahead of the start time. The events start at 12:15 and the location beginning in Sept, 2018 is Gibsons Public Library.
If you have questions or you would like either to host or speak, please get in touch using the form below. The coordinating team would love to hear from you.