How to Participate in the LIFT Event
Members of the Sunshine Coast Community are invited to apply to be a presenter at the free monthly speaker events.
The following are the guidelines for speakers at the free event.
- The timing of the talk is 10 – 12 minutes although there are occasionally exceptions to that time frame.
- Your speech is inspirational in nature although that’s really the only content guideline we suggest. So far that’s been enough. You can talk about your work, your hobbies, your passions, your stories.
- Each meeting has a theme. Some past themes have been Closing the Gap, Living in Harmony, and The Voice Within. Your speech doesn’t have to be on the theme topic directly but a suggestion of the theme would be good if possible.
- Each speaker is requested to send a title and a four or five sentence introduction about three days ahead. The intro is not really biographical, more like a hook to intrigue people about your topic and make them want to listen. You can find an article about crafting an introduction here.
- The events are posted on Facebook in several community information groups. Any help with mention of the event on your Social Media platforms is appreciated.
- The venue is usually open 30 minutes ahead of the start time. The lunchtime events start at 12:15 and the evening events start at 7 pm. The location of the event is listed on the event page. For now it’s the Arts Building at 464 S Fletcher.
If you have questions or you’re ready to send your title and intro, please email me from the contact page.